Villa of Corliano is recognized as one of the most prestigious Renaissance villas in Tuscany.
Is a Villa of the fifteenth century, the exterior is decorated with graffiti dating back 1500 and which are typical of Florentine Mannerist Art.
Inside the salons of the Villa frescoes by Andrea Boscolo (1592) and Nicola Matraini (1750) can be admired.
Villa Agostini is part of a larger monumental complex composed of a Chapel, a Farmhouse (designed by Ignazio Pellegrini in 1755), an oil Mill, a Kaffeehaus and a Park of huge fascination of about 3 hectares which counts some secular plants and which is enclosed within the Villa’s walls.
“The most beautiful Palace around Pisa.”
“A Lord’s Palace, with an outer staircase, a landing in front of the main door, including a fountain and the surrounding land. The most beautiful Palace around Pisa.”
Thus, in 1616, the Florentine Vincenzo Pitti describes Corliano Villa, one of the many villas that the rich Pisan merchants built during the centuries, as their summer house, along the fertile west slopes of Mount Pisano.
Today the villa still belong to the earl of Corliano, the pisan patrician family Agostini Venerosi della Seta, who has changed it into elegant relais, thus offering its guests the possibility to follow Stendhal’s footprints to: […] breathe a sweet and genuine air, see wonderful landscapes, beautiful paintings […]beautiful churches, beautiful statues and to meet the celestial sensations of the beautiful arts and feelings full of passion.